Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Still on Blogger

So, it turns out that a CGI script within Movable Type (the publishing system I use at http://mets.ymtr.com/) went haywire on Saturday and pushed the CPU on my host's web server to unusually high levels. As a result, access to my directories and files was blocked by HostGator, for whom my friend is a reseller. He's trying to get the site re-enabled, but that's proving to be a more difficult task than originally expected.

I've given up on offering estimates as to when No Joy In Metsville will be available again. But one way or another, even if it means switching to another provider, I'll get the site back up as soon as possible.

Big thanks to Andrew from Chuck 'n' Duck, Eric from Amazin' Avenue, and anyone else that I might have missed, for helping me get the word out about the site outage.

3 Comments:

Blogger anil said...

Hi, I work with Six Apart (which makes Movable Type) so maybe I can help get in touch with your host and find out what the cause of the problem is?

We've got thousands of copies of MT running on hundreds of hosts, and a number of hosts who offer MT preinstalled, so I know that whatever issue they're having is solvable.

Let me know if there's any way I can help. You can email me at anil@sixapart.com.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! access dental insurance

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! film editing classes

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home