Sunday, April 11, 2004

Obligatory Title

I hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday weekend. For me, it's always great to get together with my family and take part in the Italian tradition of telling embarrassing stories about each other. As an added bonus, my younger cousins are now old enough that they're no longer exempt from the verbal (and occasional physical) abuse that is always as much a part of these holiday get-togethers as the meal is.

Since I was doing the family thing today I didn't get to see much of the game, but I did see Cliff Floyd go down in the first inning with what is being called a strained quadriceps muscle in his right leg. The injury looked pretty serious, and a trip to the DL seems inevitable, but I'll save the gloom and doom until after he's been evaluated by the team doctors back in New York.

Late Edit: According to Bryan Hoch of NYMFansOnly.com, it's now official that Cliff Floyd is headed to the DL.

Tom Glavine, while he may not have completely erased the memories of last season, or the doubt in the minds of his detractors, turned in his second solid performance of the week and showed that he's still got something left in the tank. Granted, it was against the Expos' anemic offense, but it's encouraging nonetheless.

Weather permitting, my friend and I will be at Shea tomorrow for the home opener, so if you're going to be there stop by and say hello. If I like you, I'll buy you a beer. If I don't like you, I'll pretend that I do and let you buy me a beer. So far, the forecast is calling for PM showers, so they should be able to get the game in without a problem.

I'll be sitting on the Mezzanine level in Section 9/Row F in seat 11 or 12 and wearing either my Cooperstown Collection '87 Keith Hernandez away jersey or my black alternate away jersey that's also done up with Mex's name and number. I usually prefer not to be "that guy" - the type that wears Mets apparel to the stadium, but I have so damn many jerseys and they were close to coming up in my regular wardrobe rotation anyway, so I figured what the hell?

I'll almost certainly be armed with my trusty digital camera, so hopefully I'll get some nice shots that I can post for your viewing pleasure. Anyway, see you at the stadium...or not.

Oh, wait. One more thing before I call it a night. I'd like to take this opportunity to join my fellow bloggers in welcoming Max from Mets Forever to the ever increasing Mets blogging community. Stop by some time and make him feel welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These аre in fact еnоrmous ideaѕ in
cοnсerning blogging. You have touched some gοod
thіngs herе. Any waу keеp up ωrinting.



My ѕite - www.wikigreen.eu

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home