Saturday, April 24, 2004

Moving On...

I suppose I should've consulted Scott before going ahead with this, but oh well...

I'm sure I don't need to tell those of your that have blogs that are "Powered by Blogger" how frustrating and flaky it can be at times. So, with that in mind, Scott and I decided to register a couple of domains so that we could eventually move this blog over to one or both of them, once a suitable replacement for Blogger could be found. Well, that replacement was found several weeks ago, in the form of Movable Type. So, once I got that installed the only remaining hurdle was to import all of our 300+ Blogger posts, which, thankfully, was rather easy to do.

The new site has been ready to go for over a week, so our plan was to unveil it this past Monday, but, for no apparent reason, that didn't happen. Well, it's happening now.

It is my great pleasure to present to you, our loyal readers (we're up to 5 now!), the new and improved Yankees, Mets and the Rest.

The only thing missing from the new site are the comments, and if I can figure out some way to import them into Movable Type without having to enter them manually (not going to happen), I wll. If I can't, I expect each and every one of you to remember all of the posts on which you commented, find it in the archives on the new site and post it again. I'll need this done by 6:00 PM tonight. And I don't want to hear any excuses.

So, in case you missed it, that new address is http://www.ymtr.com/. Don't forget to update your links and bookmarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home